We are an organization of the province’s health profession regulatory colleges. These colleges exist to protect everyone who accesses healthcare in Alberta. Each regulates members of their profession(s) to ensure you receive safe, competent, ethical and appropriate care.
Our Federation is a forum where health profession colleges can share information and best practices.
Why do we exist?
Promoting excellence in healthcare regulation
AFRHP exists to create opportunities that enrich and empower health profession regulators to learn, champion, and collaborate for the advancement of regulation and policy that support colleges in their work to protect the public.
Here to Protect You
Because of Alberta’s Health Profession Colleges, Albertans can be confident their health professionals:
- Meet mandatory licensing and registration standards (including education requirements) and pass standardized national/provincial qualifying exams;
- Follow defined practice, conduct, and ethical standards (which define how professional services are to be delivered/performed);
- Renew their license to practice annually;
- Participate in a mandatory continuing competence program; and,
- Are held accountable for their professional conduct and practice by their respective college.
Access more information regarding each profession’s specific registration and licensing, practice and professional conduct standards or their complaints processes via the links to our member college’s websites.
Have a concern about a health professional?
Vision and Mission
“Promote and advance regulation by Health Profession Regulators in their pursuit of excellence in serving the public interest.”
“Create opportunities that enrich and empower Health Profession Regulators to learn, champion and collaborate for the advancement of regulation and policy that support Colleges in their work to protect the public interest.”